Sunday, November 25, 2007

Do you know when your name day is?



I've already shared my love for soup with you. Well today I made a fish-soup, something I haven't done for two years at least I think. And it's so good. Well worth the momentary smelly-episode in the kitchen.

Also made an old-school sponge-cake (Siim gets an undeniable cake-craving every Sunday, I've learned not to try to fight it :). After the cake was ready, it turned out that today is my name-day. So a cake is only appropriate.

Salmon and bass soup

salmon
bass
2 bay-leaves
1 sliced onion
2 sliced potatoes
2 sliced carrots
chopped dill and parsley
sliced leek
salt and pepper

The old-school cake:

sponge-cake (two layers)
whipped cream
vanilla curd-chees cream
1 can of peaches

Mix the whipped cream and the curd-cheese cream. Soak both layers with the juice from the peaches, then cover the lower layer with the whipped cream and curd-cheese cream mix, peaches, place the other layer on top and decorate with the mix and some more peaches. It's a bit too sweet for me, but I'm not a cake-lover to start with.

No comments: