Friday, February 1, 2008

Takk Norsk-Form


For the past two weeks I have not cooked anything, I think. I've spent my time travelin, working, being sick and constantly eating out, all at the same time.

In the beginning of last week I went to Oslo for the first time in my life. Didn't really see much besides the inside of the Norsk-Form building (a very cool inside) and some famous grave-stones (one morning we were taken from the hotel to the venue through the graveyard where Munch and Ibsen are buried). But I think I'd like to go back. It looked pretty. A bit like a set and not like the real world, but pretty none the less.

And I had hands-down the best goat-cheese experience in my life there. Goat cheese is so trendy lately, that it's served everywhere, by everyone, with everything. At the Norsk-Form restaurant I had, by far the best, simple, Provance style "salad" of goat cheese, I have ever tasted. So briliantly far from the old dish-cloth experience goat cheese can sometimes offer.

I think the key was in the sauce (red-wine reduction with honey, I'd guess) and the fact that the bread was also honeyed. Nam.

No comments: