Saturday, April 12, 2008

Anyone can be good in the country (Oscar Wilde).


This soup is a result of "What do I have in the fridge, I had no time to shop."
It's a bit wintery in it's taste but I think it should still fit into the April Light campaign in the grand scheme of things. C'mon, it's a soup. And the bacon was drained :)

Rustic rosemary soup:


1 large potato, peeled and diced
1 large carrot, peeled and diced
a handful of barley
1 small red bell-pepper, diced
~5 oyster mushrooms, coarsely chopped
1 onion, sliced
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
some streaky bacon or Austrian Speck (I used that as I found a piece in my fridge :)
2-3 tbsp tomato paste
rosemary
salt

Dice the speck and fry it, then drain and dry on some tissues.
Wash the barley until the water is clear, then boil it for about 5 min. Add the carrots, potatoes and onions. Quickly fry the bell-peppers and mushrooms until the mushrooms are golden. Add the peppers, mushrooms and the speck to the soup. Then add garlic, rosmary and tomato paste. Bring to boil.

1 comment:

Panfila said...

You write very well.