I invented the best pasta-sauce of my life so far! Honestly.
It all started as it usually starts with pasta in our house. Siim came home with some smoked hake and said he'd want some "spaghetti with this fish and you know, white sauce".
So I put on the Thinking Hat and here's what I came up with.
And in all honesty, it is FAN-TAS-TIC!
Creamy smoked hake pasta:
- ~200-300 gr. smoked hake (or any other white heat-smoked fish, I'm sure cod would be lovely)
- chopped spring onions
- 1 chopped red onion
- 6-7 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- handful of marinated capers, chopped
- 3-4 tbsp of mayo
- juice of one lemon
- freshly grounded pepper
- freshly grounded sea salt
- 4-5 tbsp of cooking cream
- 4-5 tpsp of pasta cooking water
- spaghetti, boiled al dente
Use a large, deep pan. Fry the onions with some olive oil until glassy, add the fish, the capers, sun-dried tomatoes and the lemon juice. Stir occasionally and keep on normal heat for about 5 minutes. Add the mayo, salt and pepper, mix. Add the cooking cream and some pasta boiling water and the spring onions.
Boil pasta according to what it says on the pack.
Be prepared to become everyone's darling for until the memory lasts :)