Friday, April 11, 2008

Like a spring chicken


They've started selling all kinds of new, trendy lettuces here. Lately I've tried oeak-leaf that I had never had before and now I bought mizuna, it's nice, has a slightly spinachy taste. I combined it with my all-time favorite lettuce so far - frillice.

Mizuna and roast chicken salad with Rosé dressing: (serves 2)
mizuna lettuce
frillice lettuce
6 radishes, sliced
grilled or roasted chicken breast
3-4 oyster mushrooms, chopped
olive oil
1 tbsp rose wine
spring onions, chopped
salt and pepper

Fry the chopped mushrooms. Tear up an toss the salad, add the sliced radishes and the roasted chicken. Add the mushrooms. Whisk 1 tsp of olive oil with chopped spring onions, rose wine and salt for the dressing.
If you want also add some light mayo or plain yoghurt as a dressing when serving.

No comments: