Monday, April 20, 2009

Super-simple salmon pasta


Here's another really quick and simple fix for the pasta lovers. S really loves salmon, I, on the other hand have somehow gotten over it, I don't know what it is, but I rarely get a craving for red fish anymore and I usually prefer something more interesting when I'm in the fish section at the supermarket. However I really enjoyed it in this pasta dish.

Simple salmon pasta (lithne l├Áhepasta): serves 2

~100 g pasta ( I used whole wheat spaghetti again)
1 butterfly fillet of salmon
2 tbsp Worchester sauce
3 tbsp Philadelphia cream cheese
1 ripe avocado
juice of 1/2 of a lime
a little bit of fresh or dried coriander (cilantro)
some hard cheese (Parmesan, Grana Padano) for serving

Splash some Worchester sauce on the salmon about 10 min before you start cooking (if you have the salmon in a plastic bag, just add the sauce into the bag and make sure it coats the salmon fillet).
Fry the salmon on a grill-pan (or a regular one). It will need about 4 minutes on both sides. It's done if it's turned lighter through the piece and chunks will easily crumble off when poked with a fork.
Peel and cut up the avocado, mash it with a fork, add the cream cheese, cilantro and lime juice and mix. Season with salt if you want to.
Boil the pasta until al dente ( ~7 min).
Toss the pasta in the avocado-cream cheese mixture.
Serve with a half of the salmon fillet on top of the spaghetti or crumble chunks of fish into your pasta. Grate some cheese on top to finish it off

4 comments:

lisaiscooking said...

Avocado and lime sound great with the salmon. This is a healthy and delicious meal!

burpandslurp said...

wow...I love the creamy dressing made just from cream cheese and avocado! this sounds so good! I'm definitely bookmarking this!

The Duo Dishes said...

Agreed on the dressing. Cream cheese and avo are a good pair.

Sophie said...

Yummie for my tummy!!
I love salmon in every way! I like this lovely dish! Yum!