Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Simplifying things


the image above is from here.

Here's another pasta that is embarrassingly simple to make. For those of you who don't get the high you look for in the kitchen without some proper hassle, I promise, the next pasta recipe is gonna come with a good dose of that (I've already made it, just a little behind with posting).
But give this one a chance, it just delicious. And I think it's quite appropriate as soon it'll be time to go chanterelle picking.

Simple Chanterelle Pasta:
(serves 4)

200-300 g sautéed chanterelles (or 500-600 g fresh ones, some salt and a good knob of good (80%) butter)
250 - 300 g (half a pack) of your favorite pasta
100 g sour cream
a generous handful of fresh dill
a generous knob of grated Parmesan or Grana Padano
freshly ground black pepper

I used sautéed and frozen chanterelles (my cleaning out the freezer project) that we had picked and my mom had sautéed last fall. But if you're using fresh ones you need to thoroughly clean them, chop them and then sauté them with butter and salt. They let out a considerable amount of water and they shrink at least by half.

Then chop the dill and grate the cheese.

Add the sour cream to the simmering chanterelles and mix.
Boil your favorite pasta for 7 minutes (or according to the directions on the label.
Add the dill and most of the cheese to the sauce.
Season with black pepper.
Drain the pasta and toss in the sauce.
Serve with some more cheese sprinkled on top and add some fresh halved cherry tomatoes if you wish.

This is the type of pasta that you can it a tub of and still want more. Really.
And it's not that heavy.

2 comments:

lisaiscooking said...

This is simply fantastic! Mushrooms with pasta is one of my favorite things to eat, and I wish I could gather chanterelles nearby. Just delicious.

Sophie said...

Indeed, I agree what a lovely & superb pasta dish!
It is easy yet so lovely in flavour, Kat! Yummie!