Sunday, April 25, 2010

B b b beany


I've professed my love for various spreads, pastes, pates and other kinds of veggie-based goos on many occasions. And the time has come for a new beany goo post. Partially because, well, they're good (need to get those legumes y'know), and partially because I'm so lazy lazy and I just haven't cooked enough, or when I have, I haven't taken photographs etc. But I've made this particular broad-bean hummus at least twice already, so here goes.

Broad-bean hummus (Põldoa hummus):

1 can broad beans
1-2 tbsp cream cheese
1 tbsp mustard (I used Dijon once and Mediterranean mustard with Balsamico the other time and both were good).
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1-2 cloves of garlic

Peel and chop the garlic, blitz everything in a food processor.


Serve as a dip for julienned veggies or as a bread spread. Works well on it's own, but once I made these sandwiches with sautéed white mushrooms and plum tomatoes with oregano (canned) and that was so nice as well.

2 comments:

lisaiscooking said...

I never used broad beans for hummus, but it sounds delicious! The cream cheese and dijon in it sound great too.

Sophie said...

I just made also a fava bean spread & yours looks so tasty!! But I haven't posted it yet!


MMMMMMM,...