Sunday, March 20, 2011

More ice cream, my little sister's favorite

So, as I've probably complained before, the Ben & Jerry's selection over here is limited to say the least. And when I say limited, I mean limited. As in one store sells it and they have like 4-6 flavors. Which, I guess, is better than none, but still. Whinge, whinge.

My sister gave me an ice cream maker for Christmas a year ago and she also told me that her personal favorite is the Cinnamon Bun Ice Cream. So I finally got around to making it. It's spectacular, although (and maybe it's me) but it felt like the chunks of cinnamon roll's in the ice cream were a tad bit too hard as they froze. But I haven't tried the 'real' one, so I'm not sure if perhaps this is how it's supposed to be.

I followed the recipe I found on Daydreamer Desserts here

It's a bit of a hassle, but quite worth it.

There's the melting of caramel candies for the caramel streusel:




Slightly pre-baking chunks of cinnamon-rolls:


Making the streusel of the melted candies, almond flakes, cinnamon etc:


Covering the chunks of cinnamon roll with the streusel and roasting it, to then cool and freeze them while you prepare the ice-cream mix. And finally - voila, cinnamony goodness:

1 comment:

sophiesfoodiefiles said...

MMMMMMM,..What an utterly divine looking ice cream,..this ice cream goes straight to the hips!!

Oooh yeah! But a small portion would be so worth it!