Sunday, August 14, 2011

On sex and mushrooms


I love good food writing (surprise, surprise), but it's not as common as one would think. It's too easy to get drawn into the overly detailed geekery that makes most people's eyes gloss over or the Miss Goody-Two-Shoes I'm a Happy Homemaker style cuteness that probably would make you gag if it weren't you writing it.
So I was obviously quite pleased, when I found this article. It pointed to this recipe, and I had some chanterelles that needed to be cooked and we had just recently had the Estonian classic of a creamy sauce and I was looking for something different.

I was fresh out of safran, added two carrots (right in the beginning, when sauteeing the onions and the mushrooms) and I used a lovely invention I had just bought - orange pepper (basically, orange peel, ginger, black pepper and some other stuff). I'm not sure I'd go as far as equating it with sex, but it was pretty damn good, like extra helpings and following soup-coma good. Like delicious.

No comments: